Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Coming up on a year.......seems like yesturday.

Here it is January 2011. My life has been fairly normal now for quite some time, but there is still a constant reminder of my surgery. I'm still numb. Partial lower lip/gum line and the whole roof of my mouth. Will it every return? Only time will tell. The other reminder....my face.....I'm still not totally used to my new look. The mirror and especially pictures of myself is very disturbing at times. This is all mental though, I just remind myself I did it for my health.

Sleep is still good, eating isn't really a problem....as I've gained the entire 30'lbs I lost right back. If you need to diet....just wire your mouth shut for 13 weeks....its great for weight-loss! The surgery isn't recommended for weight-loss though!! :)

Another problem that is still plauging me is my inner ears....I still find that they fill with fluid and occasionally plug, sometimes for weeks. It's very annoying. I'm thinking about going to see an ENT Doc to see if they can do anything for it. My guess is, the movement of my jaws has just changed the shape of my sinus system enough that this is just going to be the way it is.......again, time will tell.

Back to the positive. I feel great when I wake up. I have more energy, the sleep is great. This is what I wanted, and I have it. What else could I ask for????

No comments:

Post a Comment